Beauty and fashion has always been my interest ever since I was young. I am not a big risk-taker and have a hard time venturing out and trying new beauty and fashion trends. However, I DO improvise and cater various trends so that not only am I “in,” but I work around to fit my personality—which brings me confidence and satisfaction. I am also not the type that want to bring a whole lot of attention to my attire and make up, but make it subtle and sophisticated at the same time. Does this all make sense?
I wanted to take this time to share some of my beauty favorites that I cannot “live” without:
1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser: This creamy formula melts away my makeup (even eye make up!) and clears pores while rosewood, sandalwood, and sage oils calm prickly, sensitive skin. It leaves my face refreshed and cleansed! I’ve been using this cleanser for the past 4 years, and will never go back to something else!
2. Clarisonic Classic Sonic Skin Cleansing System: It was Oprah who really launched this oscillating facial cleanser into popularity. “It’s a miracle massage for your face!” she said. The brush removes six times as much makeup and dirt as your hands alone, which not only clears pores but also makes skin-care products more effective. It has helped my skin tremendously, and I can definitely feel the difference in my skin if I skip a night not using my Clarisonic. This wonderfully pairs with Philosophy’s Purity facial cleanser!
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser: If under a budget, omgosh, this is ONE of the best facial cleansers and it’s a must-try product! It degunks pores with 2 percent salicylic acid and a zesty and yummy grapefruit scent. It also exfoliates! Love it!
4. Nars Blush in Orgasm: This is a multi-year Allure magazine winner that gives a certain glow–the shimmery peachy pink looks good on everybody!
5. Nars Lipstick in Schiap: This pink is named after a designer, Elsa Schiaparelli. This is one of the most desired, hottest color in town! I’ve had to go to 5 different Sephora stores to finally get my hands on this lipstick, goodness! Just putting on this lipstick will say it all, seriously!